The traditional Ayurvedic Rasayanas are formulated to serve as vitalizers or rejuvenators. They are prepared by combining different herbs, spices, clarified butter and honey. The Rasayanas are usually prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioners, depending upon the age and health requirements of the person consuming it. Among the Ayurvedic Rasayanas (vitalizers), Pippali Rasayana is the one of the most popular medicines. Traditionally, it consists of Piper longum and Butea monosperma (palash). It is one of the highly prized herbal medicines in Ayurveda. Read on to know more about Pippali Rasayana.
The Key Ingredient - Pippali
Pippali (Piper longum) is called the Indian long pepper, sometimes, also referred to as 'Javanese'. Primarily cultivated for its fruit, the long pepper is dried and used as a spice and seasoning. It is similar to black pepper in terms of taste. Pippali is beneficial for cold and cough related diseases. It is often combined with ginger and black pepper to form the famous Trikatu (Three Spices). The key ingredient of Pippali Rasayana, pippali is beneficial for health in a number of ways. A number of health benefits of long pepper are found in Pippali Rasayana as well.
Benefits Of Pippali Rasayana
- According to the studies in Ayurveda, pippali is one of the most powerful Rasayana herbs, formulated to serve as a longevity enhancer.
- Pippali Rasayana is considered pivotal for the purification process in the body, because it cleans the shrotas that transport nutrients and help in the removal of wastes from the body.
- It is beneficial in enhancing digestion, assimilation and metabolism of food. The herbal medicine soothes the nerves in order to improve the quality of sleep at night.
- Pippali rasayana has traditionally been used in the treatment of chronic dysentery and worm infestations.
- The consumption of Pippali Rasayana, on a regular basis, provides great relief from cough and throat infections.
- It can cure hiccups, and improve the quality of sleep during night.
- The rasayana can be used to treat irregular fever, assimilation disorder, piles and anemia.
- The medicine provides better circulation of blood and enhances the immune system.
- People suffering from nausea and congestion can find the consumption of Pippali Rasayana as beneficial.
- The rasayana improves lung health. It helps in detoxifying lung and kidney and cleaning the lymph glands.