Hair Care Tips and Ayurveda
Cutting down your extra calories in your daily diet and your way of life are two main factors that influence thehealth of your hair. Poor diet, ill health and shortage of any specific vitamin in your body affect the eminence of hair and problems like dandruff, thinning hair, going hairless, early graying etc, spoil your hair. Here are some Ayurvedic based tips for your healthy hair care‚Ä¶.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Dandruff:
- Mix up a spoon of camphor to half a cup of coconut oil. Instead of coconut you can use neem oil otherwise. Keep this mixture in a air tight container, preferably a glass container and use this oil to massage your scalp before going to bed. Practice this continuously for at least 15 days and feel the difference of your healthy scalp. After 15 days do it for alternate days for the best of result.
- Add a spoon of castor oil, mustard oil and little coconut (or neem) oil and massage your scalp every night and have a shampoo the day next.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Hair loss:
- Massage the scalp gently with coconut or almond oil daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Boil neem leaves in water. Cool, strain and rinse hair with it.
- Increase green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts in the diet. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, Soya beans, whole grains and nuts.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Premature graying of Hair:
- Apply a paste made from 2-Tsp. henna powder, 1-tsp. curd, 1-tsp. fenugreek seed powder, 1 tbsp. coffee, 2-tbsp. mint juice and 2-tbsp.basil juice. Apply this paste to the hair for two hours. For a darker color, leave this paste in for 3 to 4 hours. Wash hair with any natural shampoo.
- Grate some fresh ginger. Mix with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1-teaspoon everyday.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Itchy scalp:
Cosmetic Lip Tattoo |
Chapped Dry lips |
Home Remedy for Chapped Dry Lips |
How to Apply Lipstick |
Lip Augmentation |
Lip Balms |
Lip Gloss |
Lip Piercing |
- Rub the scalp vigorously after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of alfalfa mixed with that of carrot, and lettuce juice is also good to take.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime- juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked Uraddal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches. It induces hair growth. A paste of seeds of lemon and black pepper may also be applied on the bald patches.
- Use Amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) for washing the hair.
- Enhance oiling and massaging of scalp.
- Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week.
- Use medicated oils on the scalp and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.