Bachleor of Science (Nursing)
Nursing Science is the art of caring for sick people with the science of health care. It is a vital component of any form of medical care. Nursing duties are manifold and cover a wide range of functions and responsibilities, which depends with the level of qualification and the working environment. At the initial level, nurses are required for the bedside care of patients, while at senior level they are required to manage special group of people like psychiatric, pediatric, intensive care patients etc, which require specialized skills. They are also involved in dispensing medication, keeping records of the patient`s progress, setting up and operating medical equipment, administration and several other routine chores.
The B.Sc Nursing Science course has been set up to teach the candidates (especially females) to serve the patients and to enable them to understand their needs. B.Sc (Nursing) is a three-year integrative course.
Further studies after Bachelor of Nursing Science :
After the completion of the B.Sc (Nursing), the candidate can pursue a M.Sc (Nursing),Future prospects:
The candidate can pursue their career in:
Eligibility for the course Bachelor of Nursing Science :
- Nursing homes
- Clinics and Heath Departments
- Orphanages and old age homes
- Nursing Science Schools
- Industrial houses and factories
- Railways and public sector medical departments
- Training Institutes as educators
The eligibility for the course is plus two or equivalent level examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Top Colleges in India for Bachelor of Nursing Science :
- Annamalai University, Department of Nursing, Tamil Nadu
- Apollo Hospitals Educational Trust Apollo College Of Nursing, Delhi
- Institute Of Nursing Education, Bhai Motilal Building, J.J. Hospital, Byculla,Mumbai