Discoloration Of Lips
Discoloration of the lips is a condition when the color of
the lips changes from the usual red or pink to dark shades. It can affect both
men and women and is not bounded by age either. Some of the causes of
discoloration of lips include smoking, chewing of tobacco, chemotherapy,
excessive fluoride use or use of low grade cosmetics. At times, discoloration of
the lips can also be a heredity problem. If it is so, the ailment cannot be
cured completely. However, retreating to some natural remedies, it can be
lightened or treated partially. Symptoms
- Loss of natural color of teeth and lips
- Brown stains on teeth
- Sticky tar deposits
- Tooth decay
- Delayed healing of gums
- Foul breath
- Inflammation of the roof of the mouth
- Certain diseases
- Certain mouthwashes
- Excessive fluoride use
- Bad eating and drinking habits
- Certain medications and drugs
- Improper and irregular brushing of teeth
- Chewing of tobacco
- The most simple and effective way to cure discoloration of the
lip would be to have at least 10 glasses of water per day.
- Lime is a very good bleaching agent. Apply lime juice on the
lips every might before bed. This would help in treating
discoloration of the lips.
- Sun rays also causes discoloration of the lips. Applying some
sunscreen lotion on your lips would help solve this ailment.
- Apply a small amount of clarified butter little every night to
soothe lips. Not only, would it cure the discoloration but also help
to keep the lips moisturized.
- For people who are in the habit of smoking or in taking
caffeinated drinks the first step would be reduce or lessen the
intake. This would help in both prevention and treatment of
discoloration of lips.
- Make a paste of fresh milk cream in which saffron has been
soaked overnight. Apply this paste to cure discoloration of the