Discoloration Of Teeth
Discoloration of teeth has become a common problem
now-a-days. It affects one and all, be it men, women or children. A person
requires lots of precautionary measures to retain the shinning white color of
his/her teeth. Smoking, chewing of tobacco, chemotherapy, excessive fluoride
use, bad eating and drinking habits, improper and irregular brushing of the
teeth and diseases are some of the common causes of teeth discoloration. Its
symptoms include sticky tar deposits, bad breath, tooth decay, brown tooth
stains and inflammation of the roof of the mouth. Sometimes, strong medicines
and genetic problems also cause teeth discoloration. It can, however, be treated
at home using the natural treatments. In the following lines, we have provided
some of the effective home remedies for removing teeth discoloration. Symptoms
- Loss of natural color of teeth and lips
- Brown stains on teeth
- Sticky tar deposits
- Tooth decay
- Delayed healing of gums
- Foul breath
- Inflammation of the roof of the mouth
- Certain diseases
- Certain mouthwashes
- Excessive fluoride use
- Bad eating and drinking habits
- Certain medications and drugs
- Improper and irregular brushing of teeth
- Chewing of tobacco
- Baking soda is a very good whitening agent. You can prepare
toothpaste with baking soda, lime and salt, adding a few drops of
lime as well. Use it to clean your teeth on a daily basis.
- A number of fruits have bleaching properties and can help remove
teeth discoloration. Include fruits like strawberries, lemon and
oranges in your diet.
- Mouthwash proves beneficial in removing teeth discoloration.
After having meals, make sure to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash.
It does not let the stains accumulate.
- Include lots of vegetables, like cucumbers, broccoli, carrots
and sweet potatoes, in your diet. They help dissolve the molecules
that cause deep stains.
- You should brush the teeth regularly, at least two times in a
day, to avoid discoloration of teeth.
- Rubbing the teeth with salt has been found to be effective in
treating discoloration of teeth.
- After brushing your teeth, use a floss to clean the inner parts.
This would help remove the food particles stuck therein, thereby
curing teeth discoloration.
- Chewing sugarless gum right after meals is effective in treating
discoloration of teeth.
- Avoid foods and beverages that leave a stain on the teeth. They
would add to the discoloration problem.