Earache is a common ailment found in children rather than
adults. In this particular condition, the Eustachian tubes get plugged. It is a
troublesome condition and occurs more in the nighttime. This is because a person
stops using the throat muscle. As such, the Eustachian tubes get congested and
hence there is more feeling of pain. Some causes for earache are exposure to
constant loud sounds, common cold, pressure differences, ear-nose-throat
problems, etc. Earache can range from a slight pain to extreme pain and even
result in pus formation. However, this can be treated using the natural
- Excessive pain
- Difficulty in eating
- Hearing loss
- Ringing or buzzing sound in the ear
- Blocked or full sensation in the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Thick drainage from the ear
- Otitis externa
- Otitis media
- Ear infection
- Ear disease
- Nose, mouth, or throat infection
- Injury to jaw bones
- Arthritis of the jaw
- An insect in the ear
- Fungus growth in the ear
- Wax buildup in the ear
- Sinus infection
- Poor sleeping
- Blockage in the ear tube
- Damage to the eardrum
- In a tsp of sesame oil, add half a clove of garlic. Heat this
until it becomes warm. Lie on the bed and put 4 drops of it. After
10 minutes, change the side and put the oil in the other ear.
- Warm some licorice in ghee and prepare a paste out of it. Apply
this mixture externally over the ear. This would help you relieve of
- Warm some sesame oil and immerse a few leaves of the castor
plant. Dab this oil around the ear.
- Take a piece of guggulu herb (Commiphora wightii) and burn it.
Switch off the gas when the herb is half burned. Smoke would emit
out of the herb. Let the smoke enter the affected area. It would
help lessen the apin.
- Take some oil of ajwain and sesame seeds in the ratio of 1:3.
Warm this mixture and apply it in the ear. Four drops of this would
be effective in treating earache.
- Immerse four to five cloves of garlic in some linseed oil and
burn it. Strain the oil and store it in a bottle. Apply this oil
every morning and evening to get relieved from earache.
- Grind some basil leaves to form a paste. Warm this at room
temperature. Once it becomes at a bearable temperature, put four to
five drops of this oil in the ears.
- Take a few mango leaves and extract the juice. Warm this juice a
little and apply it on the ear putting four drops at each ear. This
would help cure earache.
- Chop a radish into small pieces. Immerse this into mustard oil
and warm it. Store this oil in a glass bottle and put a few drops
when there is pain.
- Extract some ginger juice and put a few drops of it in the ear.
Warm this and put four drops of it. This would help treat earache.
- Extract the juice of the onion and warm it a little. Put four
drops of it in each ear while going to sleep.
- Another effective home remedy would be to put four drops warmed
mustard oil into the ears.
- If the earache is due to swimming, put few drops of mineral oil
in each ear before going to swim. It is helpful in treating earache.
- If the earache is due to flying, pop in some candy or chewing
gum. Work the throat muscle as this would relieve from the earache.
- Add fenugreek seed to mustard or linseed oil. Warm this oil and
filter it. Once cooled, put it in each ear in four to five drops.