A swelling or an inflammation caused in the mucus membrane
lining of the stomach is called gastritis. Gastritis can either be a mild or
acute. In some cases, it can also be chronic or severe. The most common symptoms
for gastritis are loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, headache and dizziness. It
also causes pain and discomfort in the stomach. The other symptoms include
coated tongue, foul breath, bad taste in the mouth, increased flow of saliva,
scanty urination, a general feeling of uneasiness, and mental depression. The
best way to cure or treat gastritis would be to turn to the natural remedies. Symptoms
- Pain in stomach and head
- Unwillingness to eat
- Problem in urinating
- Heaviness in abdomen
- Sour tongue
- Thick coat of sticky material over the tongue
- Bad smell from mouth
- Gnawing or burning ache or pain (indigestion) in upper abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Belching or bloating
- A feeling of fullness in upper abdomen after eating
- Weight loss
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Pernicious Anemia
- High intake of spicy foods
- Junk food
- Food cooked in adulterated oil
- Unhygienic conditions
- Excessive consumption of caffeine
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Digestive disorders
- Irregular or excessive eating
- Wrong combination of foods
- Habitual use of large quantities of condiments and sauces
- Prolonged tensions
- Certain drugs
- Bile reflux disease
- One of the simplest and effective home remedy to cure gastritis
would be to take a tsp of ajwain with a pinch of salt. Gulp this
mixture with a glass of lukewarm water.
- Coconut water also proves to be effective in treating gastritis.
Take coconut water twice a day.
- Another good remedy for curing gastritis is to make a
combination of 200 ml of spinach juice and 300 ml of carrot juice.
Drink this combination once a day.
- Apply heat through hot bags or hot water bottle in an empty
stomach. This is effective in curing the problem of gastritis.
- Intake half cup of potato juice before meals. It is a natural
way to treat gastritis.
- Take a cup of hot water and put a half a tsp of licorice root
tea. Boil the water for about 10 minutes after which strain it.
Drink this concoction when warm. Repeat this at least thrice a day.
- Increase in the consumption of water and juices also helps to
get relieved from gastritis.
- In 125 grams of curd, add 2 grams of Sprague and half gram of
black salt. Have this mixture as it is effective in relieving
- Combine Sprague powder and black salt in the ratio of 6:1.
Intake 2 grams of this mixture, along with warm water. This is a
good natural remedy to cure gastritis.
- Buttermilk and curd also works well to cure gastritis. Have
buttermilk and curd along with asafetida and cumin water.
- Take 2 teaspoons of peach leaves in a cup and add boiling water
to it. After about 10 minutes, drink this concoction. Have this
mixture thrice a day.
- Take a few figs and immerse it in warm water. After about 10
minutes, strain this water and drink it.
- Chew roasted fennel after meals. This provides relief from
- Intake a cup of rice gruel two times a day. This would impart
relief from the problem of gastritis.
- Chewing fresh ginger before taking meals is also helpful in
preventing and curing gastritis.