Nervousness is a feeling of restlessness, apprehension and
worry that a person goes through when he faces a stressful situation. The most
common symptoms of nervousness are palpitations, muscle tension, dry mouth,
sweating, lack of concentration, sleeplessness, gasping (a.k.a. hyper
ventilation), sick feeing in the stomach and a strong anticipation of something
disastrous ahead. The best way to deal with the problem would be to realize the
cause of anxiety and take preventive action. At the same time, there are certain
home remedies that can work beneficially in removing nervousness. Symptoms
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Dry mouth
- Extremely fast heartbeat
- Fear of losing control
- Feeling of apprehension
- Foreboding or dread
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Feeling unreal or disconnected with the world
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Lack of concentration
- Muscle aches
- Nausea or abdominal pain
- Pounding heart
- Chest pain
- Sensation of choking
- Shortness of breath
- Stress/ tension
- Sweaty hands
- Upset stomach
- Withdrawal from alcohol or drugs
- Excessive use of caffeine and other stimulants
- Hormonal disorders
- Psychiatric conditions, like anxiety disorder, panic attack &
- Side effects of certain medicines
- Concerns about a relationship
- Job pressure
- Parenting issue
- Medical conditions, like seizures, strokes, thyroid or hormone
- Inhale the fragrance while peeling an orange. Alternatively,
drop an orange in a pot of boiling water and inhale the vapor.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon nutmeg in a
cup of orange juice and drink the mixture.
- Apply rosemary oil on your forehead. You can also put dried
rosemary herb in the boiling-hot water and let it steep for 15
minutes. Drain the decoction and sip it when a bit cool.
- Grate two onions add 2 cups celery to it. Use this mixture in
food or salad. It would help to relieve the restlessness.
- Fill the bath tub with lukewarm water. Add 1/3 cup each of
baking soda and ginger and enjoy a warm bath.
- Soak 8 to 10 raw almonds in water overnight. Peel them in the
morning and add enough water to form a paste. Now, add one tsp
nutmeg, with a pinch of ginger in it. Consume this paste at bedtime.
- For people suffering from shaking hands and finger control
problem, two cups of tea each day, with one tablespoon of honey in
each cup, would prove beneficial.
- The most simple of all remedies would be to place a drop of
primrose oil on the tongue.
- Drinking catnip, chamomile, hops, horsetail, marshmallow, peach
leaf, peppermint and spearmint tea has been found to be useful in