Sinusitis can be described as an inflammation of the mucous
membrane lining the para-nasal sinuses. In simple terms, it can be defined as
the over secretion of mucus by the membranes lining the nose and throat. The
most common symptoms of sinusitis are constant or excessive sneezing, low grade
fever, running nose, headaches, blockage of one or both nostrils, and pressure
around the eyes, head, and face. Lack of appetite and difficulty in breathing
are the other symptoms of sinusitis. However, sinusitis can be cured by
resorting to some natural ways of treatment. Symptoms
- Constant sneezing
- Low grade fever
- Running nose
- Blockage of one or both nostrils
- Pressure around the head, eyes, and face
- Lack of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Mucus flow from nose
- Nasal congestion
- Ear discomfort
- Severe body pain
- No taste of food
- Mood swings
- Reduced sense of smell
- Inflammation of the sinus passages
- Oversecretion of mucus by the membranes lining the nose and
- Problem in septum
- Swelling of the nasal bones
- Nasal allergy
- Viral infections
- Bacterial and fungal attacks
- Allergies related to skin
- Stressful lifestyle
- Too much intake of alcohol
- Excessive smoking
- Developmental disorders, such as cystic fibrosis
- Infections in the respiratory tract
- Inflammatory diseases
- Previous surgery
- Raw vegetable juice is beneficial in treating sinusitis. Combine
300 ml of carrot juice, 100 ml of cucumber juice, 100 ml of beet
juice and 200 ml of spinach juice and drink on a daily basis.
- Consuming fruits rich in Vitamin A is effective in sinusitis.
One of the richest sources of the vitamin is mango. So, patients
suffering from sinus should have lots of mangoes. Other food
products rich in Vitamin A include pumpkin, leafy vegetables, egg
yolk, tomatoes, papaya, carrots, curd and whole milk.
- Roast 100 grams of cumin seeds and mix them with 200 grams of
pure ghee. Consume daily. It is one of the most effective ways to
- Take a tsp of black cumin seeds and tie them in a thin cloth.
Inhaling from the cloth would be effective in reducing sinusitis.
- Boil a tsp of fenugreek seeds in half a glass of water, until
the decoction reduces to half. Consuming 3 to 4 cups of this tea
would help in expelling all the toxins, increasing the perspiration
rate and thereby reducing fever, along with sinusitis.
- Pungent smelling vegetables, like onion and garlic, are helpful
in curing sinusitis. Inhaling their smell would also prove to be
- Steam is effective in curing sinusitis. It opens the nasal
passage by draining the sinuses and making mucous flow easy.
- Avoid cold items and oily stuff. They trigger the upper
respiratory diseases, instead of lessening them.
- Gargling with salted lukewarm water is beneficial in treating
sinusitis. For this, add a pinch of salt in a glass of lukewarm
water and gargle with it.
- Prepare ginger or cinnamon tea and drink it when it is slightly
on the hotter side. It is helpful in curing sinusitis.