Ceiling medallions are easy to fix light
equipment, which can be painted to match, the
color scheme of the room in which they are installed. These can be
easily fixed to the ceiling with glue or drywall screws. Since these
are relatively inexpensive and durable they can be used all round
the house. Given below are tips on how to fix a ceiling medallion:
- While fixing a new medallion, the first
thing you should do is to turn off the power from the fuse box.
- Arrange the medallion pieces on the floor
and understand how the different pieces are to be fixed.
- If the ceiling opening is large you may have
to increase the size of the medallion opening.
- Apply just enough glue, on to the back of
the medallion, about one inch from the edge of the medallion.
- Set the medallion in its place and allow the
glue about two hours to dry completely.
- Apply caulk around the medallion to cover
any gap between it and the ceiling.
- Once a caulk has dried you can
paint the medallion to match the color of the
walls or ceiling.
- You can then wire and hang the chandelier or
other ceiling light fixture, by attaching the ceiling cap to the
surface of the medallion.
- If a ceiling light already exists and you
want to install a medallion, you will have to remove the light
fixture first and install the medallion. Once the medallion has been
fixed properly, the light can be reinstalled.
- If you are reinstalling light fixtures
ensure that you keep all the nuts and screws carefully, to reuse
- You can clean your light fixtures thoroughly
as you are dismantling them.