Decorating Holiday Table
While making holiday decorations, an interesting idea is to have a
table decoration, which reflects the holiday spirit. Decorating
tables are known as tabletop arrangements or as Tablescapes.
Tablescapes are arrangement of a group of things on the top of a
table. You can use anything to create a tabletop arrangement. A
holiday table decoration may or may not include a centerpiece. It
can just be an arrangement of a number of things that represent the
holiday season. It can be made on any table, not just the dinner
table. It can be a coffee table or side table or even a mantel.
Tablescape is actually the way things are placed or arranged like
the way a garden is landscaped. Here are few suggestions on how to
create a holiday tablescape or holiday table decoration.
- Place a pillar
candle in holiday colors on the table.
- Place a seasonal floral arrangement around
- Place a stack of books based on the holiday
theme on the table.
- At the base of the candle place some
ornaments or greens that represent the holiday season.
- If you do have a regular tablescape then
change it completely to suit the holiday season. For example for
Christmas make a table decoration with the colors and symbols of
- Remember that any tabletop can be decorated
with a few holiday items.
Given below is a quick method to make a tablescape using only 1/3 of
the table and just tastefully arranging a few items.
- Use a lamp or
candles or you can use both.
- Use a
photo frame, books or collectible items.
- Use natural things like flowers, fruits in a
bowl, a potted plant.
- Use a table cover, runner, ribbon, a napkin
- Add one or a few holiday items.
Arrange them in the following way:
- Arrange the items at different heights.
- Use books under the various items to vary
- It is best to use the light source as your
tallest item and make the other items smaller in size.
- Use only 1/3 of the table as the rest of the
table can be still used to place your drinks or set dishes like
- Use only part of the table, so that the
table can still be used like before.
- You could make this entire arrangement on a
tray so that it can be moved from the table when you need to use.
Decorating a table is a simple way to decorate your home and you can
use it everyday and not during the holiday season.