Homemade Christmas Decoration
As an alternative to the usual plastic trim used for Christmas
decoration for the mantle, centerpieces or tables use real Christmas
trim. This you can get while buying your Christmas tree. Here are a
few suggestions on how to use tree trim for decorating your home.
- Decorate the mantel with tree trim and place
flowers, pinecones and pomegranates within it.
- Place trim on balconies and banisters and
hand pomegranates as ornamentation in between the trim.
- Twine cranberry beads in between the
Christmas tree trim.
- Tie cinnamon sticks with ribbons and tie in
- Place tree trim in an elegant
bowl, add pinecones, small pomegranates, apples
and ornaments to the bowl and place it on the table as a centerpiece
decoration. You can add tiny handmade paper snowflakes on top.
Here are a few other decorations that you can make with things that
occur naturally during Christmas.
Pinecone Place Holders
- Cut old greeting cards and make name cards.
Write the name of the person on the blank side of the card.
- Use a pinecone as a holder and fit the card
- Decorate with ribbon or festive fabric.
Colorful Rag Napkin Rings
Use cloth napkins in colors of the festive season. Here are tips to
make colorful rag napkin rings in which you can place your colorful
- Take brightly colored fabric and cut into
strips measuring .5 by 5.
- Take old napkin rings and tie these strips
with a single knot around these rings.
- Using a needle string dried cranberries onto
a thick thread.
- Tied these strings to the rag rings.
Christmas Tree Decorating
- Hang things that have a special significance
to you on the Christmas tree like, you baby's first shoe or your
husband's first Christmas.
- Tie cookie cutters with ribbons and hang
- Hang pomegranate on the tree instead of
buying Christmas ornamentation.
Try these natural Christmas decortions, which are simple and easy to
make at home, and at the same time will add unique touch to your