Outdoor Glass Lights
can highlight and add to the exterior of the house.
Especially if glass lights are used outside the house it enhances
the effects created by the lights. A wide variety of glass is used
to make outdoor lights. Depending on the type of the glass used the
appearance of the exterior can change. Here are a few types of glass
that can be used for
- Blowing the glass around a mold and then
passing it through an optic box creates the hammered look in
hammered glass. Sandblasting can get the same effect.
- When air bubbles or particles are trapped in
glass it is called seedy glass. This glass diffuses light in a
- Once the glass is molded it is passed
through rollers and the effect created on hardened glass is like
waves. This is called water glass.
- Tiffany-Style or Mission-Style Glass is
colored glass in different attractive pattern that can be used both
indoors and outdoors.
- Alabaster glass is molded to look like
alabaster marble. As a result the light is diffused and dim creating
an ambience that is simple and beautiful.
- Glass that is either coated or sandblasted
is called frosted glass. This is commonly used in modern fixtures.
When this glass is used in lights it produces largely, even