Painting Outdoor Concrete Patio
The porch, deck and patio can be made bright and inviting by adding
color to the lifeless cement or wood. The dull and uninteresting
patio in the backyard can be turned into a space with energy and
dazzling style, by
decorating it with a few bright colorful
paints. Once this is done this areas will be the
center of all parties in the house. Bring the outdoor concrete or
wooden patio alive by painting it with vibrant colors and designs.
Create your own seaside using paints and following the instructions
Things you require:
- Painter's tape
- Water spray bottle
Instructions for painting:
- Paint the concrete wall in a color of your choice.
- Take a rug and place it against the wall and mark off the
perimeter of the rug with painter's tape.
- Inside the tape with your free hand draw an uneven border of
the rug with chalk.
- Pain this area with a dark colored paint. Use quick short
- Cut out patterns of the sun, shells and starfish in
- Keep the sun cut out in the middle of the rug and draw its
outline in chalk. Do the same for the shells and starfish.
- Fill the designs drawn in chalk on the rug with some color
that is neither too bright nor too light.
- Once this paint dries up, make a palette of all the colors
you want to use. Dip a brush in one color and paint with it till
the color dries up, then dip another brush in a different color
of paint and use it till it dries. Continue this till you have
used all the colors on the palette. Blend in the edges of the
colors so that the finish is smooth. Use dark colors for the
background that will contrast with the light colored designs
- Take off the painter's tape and with the chalk draw tassels
for the rug. Then use different colors to make the yarns of the
- After the entire painting dries up, apply a coat of
polyurethane over the outer limit of the painting. This coat
will prevent chemical damage to the paint.