Recipe: Kaju jeera rice
A little experimentation can do wonders, especially when it comes to cooking techniques. While delectable jeera rice has been a great dish, addition of kaju (cashew) to it has changed its entire flavour. Here’s what you need to prepare it…
2 cups of rice
1 table spoon ginger-garlic paste
1 table spoon tamarind (imli) paste
Black salt (as per taste)
Ghee/butter or cooking oil
100 gms cashew nuts
2 cardamom pods
2 table spoons of jeera
5 table spoons of cashew nut paste
How to prepare it:
– First of all clean the basmati rice manually and later soak them. Wait for 20 minutes.
– While the rice is being macerated, heat oil/butter ghee in a different pan. Add jeera to it and keep the gas on low flame.
– Soon add sliced onion and add tamarind, ginger and garlic paste. Keep frying for some time. Later, add cashew paste.
– After it’s done add dry cloves and cardamom pods. Fry it for a minute. Also, add salt in a quantity that it’s sufficient for the rice as well.
– Add two cups of water and mix it well. Bring it to boil and then close the lid of the pan and wait for the water to dry.
– While the rice is being cooked take butter in a small pan and heat it. Soon add cashew nuts to it and fry it. Wait till it gets golden.
– Take out the fully done rice in a bowl and garnish it with fried cashew nuts.