Recipe: Methi Pulao
Two cups of basmati rice
Two tablespoons of ghee or oil
Half tablespoon of cumin seeds (jeera)
Two tablespoons of chopped green chillies
Two medium tomatoes puree
Three-fourth cup of chopped fenugreek (methi)
Eight to 10 mint leaves
One-fourth cup of coriander (chopped)
Four cloves of garlic
One tablespoon of coriander and cumin powder
Salt to taste
1. Clean and soak the rice for 20 minutes using enough water in a deep bowl. Keep aside.
2. Heat the ghee or oil in a deep pan, add the garlic cloves and fry for a bit.
3. Add the methi/ fenugreek, coriander and mint leaves and saute for another 5 minutes till the water dries.
4. Add the tomato and saute for two minutes on a medium flame.
5. Add the rice saute for two minutes on a medium flame.
6. Add four cups of water, salt, and all the other spices, mix well and simmer till the rice is cooked.