No more ‘Janta Darbar’, says Mr. Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi – Days after chaos prevailed at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s first ‘Janta Darbar’, the Aam Aadmi government on Monday said that no more public interactions of the sort will be held anymore.
Instead of meeting people in ‘Janta Darbar’, people can register their complaints online and a helpline number will also be made available which will then be addressed by the concerned official, Kejriwal said.
However, the decision to discontinue ‘Janta Darbar,’ Kejriwal will continue to meet people once a week.
“All those who want to meet me can meet me once a week. However, an online grievance system has been made for people to register their complaints,” he said.
The announcement was made after the ‘Janta Darbar’ was suspended last week following overcrowding and chaos.
Kejriwal, who said he was forced to leave the Janta Darbar midway as a stampede-like situation had arisen, then addressed the crowd from the boundary wall of the Secretariat and assured them of action on their problems.
He had also appealed to the people to leave the Secretariat premises.