Chennai and Punjab players rule IPL-7 charts
Chennai Super Kings have joined Kings XI Punjab as the only two teams to have won five games in Season 7 of the Indian Premier League so far. And both need to credit their bowlers and batsmen who rule the list of wicket-takers and run-scorers. Here are the stats after Match 21 on Friday, where Chennai beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 34 runs.
– Mohit Sharma (3/22), with 11 wickets at 11.63 runs apiece in six games, is the leading wicket-taker in the IPL 2014. Jadeja has the next best tally – 10 at 14.30 runs apiece in six matches.
– Glenn Maxwell, with 300 runs (ave. 60.00) in five matches, is the leading run-getter in the IPL 2014, followed by Dwayne Smith – 256 at an average of 42.66 in six matches and Brendon McCullum – 249 (ave. 49.80) in six matches. Chennai, with five victories out of six played, became the second team to get ten points in the IPL 2014. Punjab was the first side to get ten points – five victories out of five.
– Ravindra Jadeja (4/12) has produced the best bowling performance by any bowler in the IPL 2014, eclipsing the four for 13 by Lakshmipathy Balaji for Punjab vs Sunrisers at Sharjah on April 22.
– Jadeja became the first bowler to register two instances of four-wicket hauls in the present tournament. He had recorded four wickets for 33 vs Rajasthan at Dubai on April 23.
– Jadeja’s excellent figures of four for 12 are the best by any bowler against Kolkata in the IPL, eclipsing Makhaya Ntini’s four for 21 for Chennai at Kolkata on May 18, 2008. He received his sixth Man of the Match award in Twenty20.
– Chennai have won nine and lost four out of 13 contested against Kolkata at the IPL – success % 69.23.
– Yusuf Pathan (41) has posted his highest score in the present tournament.
– Gautam Gambhir has completed his half-century in the IPL 2014, aggregating 52 in six innings at an average of 8.66.
– McCullum and Dwayne Smith have recorded three fifty-plus innings each for Chennai at the IPL 2014. McCullum has registered a fifty each vs Mumbai, Punjab and Kolkata.
– McCullum’s 56 off 40 balls is his third fifty at the IPL 2014. Besides McCullum and Smith, Glenn Maxwell has posted three fifties in the present competition. McCullum, in all, has registered a hundred and eight fifties at the IPL.
– McCullum and Raina were associated in a second wicket stand of 70 – Chennai’s highest for this wicket at the IPL 2014.