Five rules of eating sushi
Here are the rules you should go by
– Firstly, you do not use the chopsticks to pass food to another. That is actually said to be like giving the bones of a deceased person at a Japanese funeral, so beware.
– If you pick up a piece, eat it all at once. No bites allowed.
– When helping yourself to food from the common plate, always use the reverse ends of the chopsticks, not the side that goes in your mouth.
– Never over-dunk the sushi in the soy sauce – that can taste too bitter.
– Don’t leave rice in your bowl – that is considered amateur.